Sunday, May 18, 2008

23 Apr 2008, #3. "Steve Inskeep" - 6m45s

Sometimes I like to start with just one note in each hand. It simplifies the texture, gives a lot of space, and allows me to think in melody rather than harmony or texture. In this case, it yielded a wonderfully simple bass line - D, F#, B, A, C, C#. As that line repeats slowly and methodically, I explored D major above it. I really like the simplicity of most of this piece, but I don't like the ending, when I think I got a little bored and copped out. (I considered fading out the recording, but that might be more of a cop out.)




download (option-click for Mac users, right-click and save for PC users)
Recorded on April 23rd, 2008, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

No comments: