Thursday, May 1, 2008

11 Feb 2008, #8b. "Alex Chadwick" - 6m00s

(Another repost, because I keep embedding the wrong audio! Sorry! Without further ado, the real "Alex Chadwick"...)

This piece is the complement to the last, having been played only with my right hand. My right is much more dexterous than my left, but there's still only so far my fingers can reach at one time. Most artists will tell you that setting artificial limitations such as this can be an excellent way to free up creative energy. I tell my writer friends, when they are blocked, to try writing with one hand – it can really help!

This piece gets a bit nervous, a bit deranged, as I try to settle into a comfortable one-handed rhythm, but I never get there; in fact, I get less and less comfortable, and it eventually peters out.




download (option-click for Mac users, right-click and save for PC users)
Recorded on February 11th, 2008, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

No comments: