Friday, May 16, 2008

23 April 2008, #2. "Lakshmi Singh" - 3m38s

I needed to relax after the first piece. This is by far the most typically jazz improv I've done, just a little noodling over a standard progression. There's a little "Georgia On My Mind" in there, a little "Til There Was You," a few other things. It's like an afternoon stroll after a crazy energetic day.




download (option-click for Mac users, right-click and save for PC users)
Recorded on April 23rd, 2008, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, but perhaps you meant to title it 'Lakshmi Singh'?

mch said...

Yes, anonymous pit nicker, you are of course right. I hope you are not Ms. Singh herself; if so, I apologize sincerely for the mistake.

Anonymous said...

Chris, the piece was lovely. This time, it IS Lakshmi Singh. Cheers and thank you for the musical stroll after a busy day.

Lakshmi

mch said...

You are quite welcome, Lakshmi; and thank YOU for lending (albeit unknowingly) your name to this piece. I'm very glad that you found it (and that you find it agreeable!).