Thursday, January 3, 2008

4 Dec 2007, #2b: "New Brunswick" - 5m48s

Immediately much bluer than #2a (Nova Scotia); in fact it's a sort of blues structure: I | I | II | IV . I think I tried to stay as calm as possible, but it began to build up, and the blues noodling got bigger and bigger. I went out on a slightly manic riff over repeated descending bass line.
(At the beginning, I had a little trouble playing the syncopated rhythm with just my left hand, and kept switching accidentally between a syncopated right and left.)




download
Recorded on December 4th, 2007, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

2 comments:

Eli said...

gorgeous. I'm downloading this one.

Reminds me of Vince Guaraldi a little bit, probably because 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' has been getting so much play on my stereo lately.

Karen said...

Here is the image that has developed in my head right now, as I listen as I type: Morgan Freeman is closing up a store that he owns, maybe a pawn shop. He locks the front door, puts his keys in his coat, wraps his scarf one more time around his neck, and walks home with his hands in the pockets of his long coat, down a snowy street in some big city. I guess Chicago.