Sunday, January 6, 2008

4 Dec 2007, #4b: "Labrador" - 6m58s

I seriously considered releasing the first 3 minutes of this as its own piece, titled "and." It's just an exploration of space. There's a lot of silence, and only two chords, IV and I, kind of a plagal cadence repeated over and over again with slight adjustments. Finally at around 3:12 it settles into a groove and gets a little funky. That's the "Labrador" part. You can hear my foot keeping time. I think I had some left over energy from "Quebec," because I end up banging pretty hard (and it will probably clip a bit – sorry about that).

The pianists among you will know that F# major is close to the most difficult to jam in. I don't know why I picked it.




download
Recorded on December 4th, 2007, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea man. I've enjoyed the first few.