Wednesday, January 16, 2008

10 Dec 2007, #1a. British Columbia - 3m12s

And so we start the second day of improv sessions, recorded six days after the first. I sat down with great aspirations to go in a different direction. I set my fingers off on what I hoped would be a atonal, Hindemithy journey, but they quickly found something much more comfortable.

(I can tell that this was the first thing I played that day, because I sound relaxed and fresh. As each session goes on, I tend to get more frenzied, of course sloppier, but also more/too inventive, to a point where it is almost predictably inventive, if that makes any sense.)




download (option-click for Mac users)
Recorded on December 10th, 2007, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

No comments: