Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Canada II - the second session

Thank you to everyone for listening, commenting, and demanding that I continue with this project! I am still trying to find the right balance of things – I haven't yet settled into a perfect routine. It was suggested to me that long pieces (over 6 minutes or so) are less appealing. Of course, then, the one good piece from my December 10th session is 26 minutes long! (It was disheartening that my second session yielded less than half what I got from my first, but never fear, my recent third session got me another hour of usable improvs.) The 26 minutes wandered from style to style, so it was easy to chop it up into five digestible pieces. Of course, it's best if you line them up in iTunes and let them flow, uninterrupted, but I understand if you can't do that.

P.S. I had five perfectly good provinces left, so these will be grouped as Canada II. After this, though, each day's sessions will have its own category.

P.P.S. For whatever reason, one of the H4's microphones (of the stereo pair) was clipping like crazy, so all of the Canada II recordings are mono.

No comments: