Sunday, January 20, 2008

10 Dec 2007, #1d. Manitoba - 6m39s

Again, I start with some exploration. This time I'm stacking fifths into ninths, and I walk myself down into G, and back into a blues feel. The left hand is very laid back and comfortable, while the right has a little fire.

After about five minutes, this piece suddenly changes from cool and controlled to bustling, swooping, exciting – much like how I imagine Manitoba to be.

(For the best effect, go straight from "Manitoba" to "Ontario" with no break.)




download (option-click for Mac users)
Recorded on December 10th, 2007, at Peace Church of the Brethren, in Portland, OR, with a Zoom H4 Digital Recorder. Edited with Audacity music software.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Manitoba is off the hook. More specific comments to come, but, usual, the variety of moods and styles that you cycle through is really, really amazing.